A Spinal Column
I’m fortunate to have a patient database that is very active. Be it walking, jogging, cycling, water aerobics, weight lifting, tai chi, yoga, or a stroll on the beach, it is crucial to your quality of life to stay in motion.
Check out these Top Ten Facts About the Muscular System:
1. Muscles make up 40% of your total body weight.
2. It takes twice as long to gain muscle than it does to lose it.
3. The smallest muscles are found in the middle ear.
4. To take one step, you use 200 muscles.
5. Muscles cannot push, they can only pull.
6. Humans are born with all the muscle fibers they will ever have.
7. Your tongue is, proportionally, the strongest muscle in your body.
8. It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
9. When you’re cold, your muscles contract involuntarily.
10. The only muscle that never tires is our heart.
I’m here when you need me.
Smile and be well,
Dr. Dan’s Thought…
The world record in the squat is 1300 pounds, and the record for the bench press is over 1000 pounds!